Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Belstead House

Join me in bashing a head against a brick wall. It could be yours or even my head that gets such treatment but I'd rather we were more selective. Let's look at local councils. Today I am incensed, so badly upset I'm not sure that I should even mention the cause of of dismay.

I am indescribably incensed.

Let's instead deal with another small case of stupidity. On the outskirts of Ipswich

Belstead House, Sprites Lane, Ipswich, IP8 3NA Tel: 01473 686321 http://www.belsteadhouse.co.uk/

Is a beautiful house used as a conference centre and residential courses. It's a great place, well-loved and well-used but unfortunately it is owned by Suffolk County Council.

Yes, we spend £218,000 a year on our CEO, who spends more of our money an hour than students pay for an instructional and enjoyable residential full-board weekend. 

Compare the two: what would rather have?

I cannot understand why local council officers can receive such salaries.

Furthermore I see no reason why we should sell off a wonderful resource that we have bought, paid for and maintained for many years. A centre that brings so much pleasure to so many people.

It is a disgrace. There's a petition you can sign - but don't be surprised it it's ignored:



No comments: