Monday, April 03, 2006

Aerials

The TV aerial fell off the roof of a house owned by my friend this weekend. So what's the problem? Well, the house was rented and I had agreed to act as the contact point whilst my friend was away.

At the same time my daughter phoned, and emailed, to ask for my help. Dad's do not refuse daughters. It's a basic rule of life. Then I was asked to help build a telescope, add an eel logo to 100 semi-precious stones, and cook a meal or two.

By this time I was wondering how my allotment was looking, and whether I would ever find time to prepare the page layouts for a new book. No problem, so I went out to dinner, stayed out too long, felt like death swept across the griddle the next morning until the phone rang again. Those accounts I'd promised to help a friend (another friend - do I have too many of these creatures) where now do, and had I managed to finsh them yet?

It's time for the allotment. The sun is shining

No comments: