Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cold Spring

There's a lot of the pagan in me, and that becomes very notceable in the Spring, except that my character is flawed. I anticipate failure too readily. Spring is a time of hope and excitement. The first flowers peek through the cold wintry soil, offering hope for the future. The sun will shine again soon. All will be well with the world. But there's always that nagging doubt in the back of the mind.
Today the scepticism has proved to be well-founded. We've had a few days of sun that have seen me discarding jackets, pulling shorts out of the wardrobe. Today all has changed. It is cold, and that's made worse because my obstinancy tells me it is now April, and heating is no longer required - at least not during the day. I will relent in the evening and twiddle the central heating knob, but not during that day.
Use the time to play with words. Go to Michael Quinion's site World Wide Words. He'll have you rubbing your hands together with glee, and that'll keep you warm.

No comments: